Wooden ship race - Mariager Fjord
In the days June 29th - July 2nd about 30-40 woodens ships will sail on Mariager Fjord in Himmerland.
As early as June 28, the ships visit Hals Havn in the Northern Jutland at Limfjorden, before sailing along Himmerland's East Coast towards Mariager Fjord on June 29.
The days offer several activities in the three ports Hadsund, Mariager and Hobro, aswell as you can look forward to the stack discharge of Cruiser VII (Krydsjagt VII), which for several years has been under reconstruction (or construction if you like) in the yellow warehouse at Hobro Shipyard.
Saturday 1 July at At 15.00 the wooden ship is launched.
Program for the days:
- Wednesday 28 June: The ships arrive at Hals
- Thursday 29 June: The ships sail along Himmerland's East Coast towards Mariager Fjord, arriving in Hadsund and Mariager
- There will be Open Shipyard on several ships at 4-6 pm in booth Hadsund and Mariager.
- Friday 30 June at 11.00-16.00: The ships meet outside Mariager and start the race on the fjord. The ships gather in the evening in Hobro Harbour.
- There will be Open Shipyard on several ships at 4-6 pm in Hobro.
- Saturday 1 July: At 9.30-14.00 there are presentation sailings of the large ships, while the smaller vessels sail races.
- At 15.00 there is the launch of Cruiser VII at the Maritime Culture Center Mariagerfjord and Hobro Shipyard.
- During Saturday, there will be several activities at Hobro Harbour.
- Sunday 2 July: Departure from Hobro Harbour.